Monday, March 29, 2010

My Husband - My Redeemer

Hey Covenant Groupies,

Kevin and I saw something this weekend that blew our minds; more Kevin than me. We saw a husband miss the opportunity to be his wife's hero; her redeemer. She had a small request, but he just didnt seem to get it. Kevin couldn't, for the life of him, understand the husbands delay in coming to his wife's rescue.

I'm currently re-reading Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Women's Soul by John and Staci Eldredge. It talks about a woman's desire to be rescued, pursued and redeemed by a hero; her man. As well, how society has successfully made women feel bad about this need, but it's been imparted to us by God and can't be helped. So, I totally got his rant. This wife's need was simple, but it could have made a huge difference in their marriage had her husband answered her call. Of course, our merciful God will give him plenty of other opportunities to fulfill His daughters' need. But, this weekend, I guess it bothered Kevin to know this wife did not experience the sacrifice of a hero.

I know for sure, because I was on of those women who'd been convinced that i wasnt supposed to need a man. that is until my husband had become the first man to rescue me. It was one of the most remarkable feelings ever!!!!! So, as I watched this exchange between this man and woman, it brought to mind some of the times Kevin has protected me. At the same time God brought to my mind a more recent time he did it again that I had forgotten and probably didn't even thank him for.

A couple of weeks back we were in an elevator with two other female friends and in an instant a few intoxicated men and women came on as well. They were loud and one of them became obscene with my friends balloons; at which point Kevin sternly moved him away. He was also unstable on his feet and he was moving a little too close to our friends and me. Again Kevin, moved him and told him why he was being moved. This could have turned into a crazy incident, but Kevin was relentless in his efforts to protect us.

In my eyes this was dangerous, but in his he was doing exactly what he was supposed to do, as a man. Additiionally, my friends couldn't stop talking about Kevin's nerve and bravery to almost seemlessly step in on their behalf as well as mine.

I know it blows my mind each time he does that directly for me, but for other women to feel protected by my husband, shows me just how sacrificial he really is. You just got to love that.

OK, off to thank my husband; my redeemer.

share your thoughts.

No comments: