Wednesday, March 17, 2010

QUESTION OF THE DAY!

Hey Covenant Groupies,

Hopefully, you had an opportunity to view the video posted yesterday. I absolutely loved it. Part #2 will go up tomorrow. I must share that the one thing that I absolutely loved and that stood out to me while listening to the video was the fact that during his sermon series on the Covenant of Marriage, Pastor Michael Cooper had the youth present. You hear him talking to them and acknowledging their presence. At the same time he has them writing notes.

I couldn't help but think to myself, "How much of what these youth (teens and pre-teens) hear today, while at this church, will go against everything they currently know or have heard ot taught about marriage?"

Kevin and I watch closely what we say and do in the presence of children and teens, because we've recognized and totally acknowledged our responsibility for being "definers" (our word LOL!) in the lives of everyone, but especially the youth we encouter.

So, today's question is: If your children, nephews, nieces, or neighbor's children were asked, based on your marriage, what they believe about marriage or what marriage means to them, what would they say?

We're going to ask our nephew, nieces and children we know and post their responses. HUMMMMMMM!

No comments: