Wednesday, March 24, 2010

QUESTION OF THE DAY!

Hey Covenant Groupies,

Yestesday, I had the awesome pleasure to attend the press conference for Tyler Perry's new film, Why Did I Get Married, Too? and to interview some of the cast members. To my great surprise, I sat with Richard T. Jones (Why Did I Get Married, Why Did I Get Married, Too, Judging Amy, The Wood) and was blown away by his passion, respect and transparency for God and marriage - you'll be able to hear the interview next week on GospelCity.com.

We discussed everything from forgiveness in marriage to divorce never being an option in a godly marriage. I thought I was sold out for God, my husband and marriage, but this brother could have gone on all day about God and Marriage, had we not had a time limit to sit and talk. I guess this is why I'm so excited about the QOTD today.

During our interview/conversation; especially about divorce, I could clearly recall the many days, during the beginning of our marriage, when all Kevin and I talked about was divorce. We had absolutely no clue how to be the couple God was calling us to be. Everything seemed so hard, expectations were too much, everything in the marriage seemed uneven, sacrificing was far too painful and oftentimes seemed unfair. You know what I mean.

So, after about two years we wised up and decided that divorce was going to be taken off of table completely and that it was NEVER to be spoken about or optional again.

Groupies, is divorce an option in your marriage this day or have you taken off of the table as a possible out?

No comments: