Thursday, April 1, 2010

Praying for Marriages: It WORKS!!!!!

Hey Covenant Groupies,

I've been under the weather since last Friday and have missed some opportunities to post. But - I'M BAAAACCCCKKKKK!

Several months ago I found this format for prayer for couples, marriages, Grandparents etc. Start filling in the blanks. If there are any marriages, couples, families or relationships that need prayer, maybe these can help. We' hope they do.

It's broken down into two topics. Topic #1 is below and Topic #2 will be posted tomorrow.

There is power in praying together and in praying for each other. Especially as we pray according to God's Word. As a couple, you can also use these Scripture-based prayers to pray for your own marriage and your own children. When praying for parents and their children, you can insert the names of the parents in the first blank and the names of their children in the second blank. If you are a grandparent you can use these prayers to pray for your children as well as for your grandchildren. Remember, God's power will be released as we pray.

Topic #1- Pray for Couples

Pray that couples will have an intimate relationship with the Lord.

1. Pray that couples will deeply love and experientially know the Lord.
"The man answered, "'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.'" Luke 10:27

"Lord, I pray that __________ will love You, the Lord their God with all their heart, all their soul, all their strength, and all their mind. Amen." Luke 10:27

"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ and become one with Him." Philippians 3:8,9a

"Lord, I pray that ___________ will consider everything else as worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing You, Christ Jesus our Lord. I pray that they will discard everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that they may have You Christ, and become one with You. Amen." Philippians 3:8,9a

2. Pray that couples will delight themselves in the Lord and in His Word.
"Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires." Psalm 37:4

"Lord I pray that __________ will take delight in You Lord, and that You will give them their heart's desires. Amen." Psalm 37:4

"But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night." Psalm 1:2

"Lord I pray that __________ will delight in your law and that they will meditate in Your law day and night. Amen." Psalm 1:2

3. Pray that couples will desire a deepening relationship with the Lord and turn from self and sin.

"O God, You are my God; I earnestly search for You; my whole body longs for You in this parched and weary land where there is no water. I follow close behind You; Your strong right hand holds me securely." Psalm 63:1,8

"O God, our God, I pray that ___________ will earnestly search for You; may their whole body long for You in this parched and weary land where there is no water. I ask that they will follow close behind You; for Your strong right hand holds them securely. Amen." Psalm 63:1,8

"Turn away from evil and do good. Work hard at living in peace with others."
1 Peter 3:11

"Lord I pray that ____________ will always turn away from evil and do good. I ask that they will work hard at living in peace with each other and with others. Amen." 1 Peter 3:11

No comments: