Wednesday, January 6, 2010

QUESTION OF THE DAY!

So Covenant Groupies,

Check this out! I'm currently reading a few books on marriage and prayer simultaneously and for the first time I'm reading about this one concept that has perplexed me for years with couples. The concept of setting aside the attitude that God calls us to have toward our spouses because we've let our emotions dictate how we'll respond to one another. I'm not saying that I've not done it, but when I realized it was wrong I stopped doing it.

Kevin and I have spoken with many couples and the majority have struggled with praying for their spouse because their angry, resentful or bitter.

However, we know of couples who, after many years, still live this way and refuse to change.

The Bible clearly says, "How can you say you love me, whom you cna't see and you don't love your brother whom you can see."

How can you truly pray for your spouse when you don't like them?

No comments: