Thursday, April 8, 2010

Quiet Inspiration - Just The Push I Needed!

Hey Covenant Groupies,

Ok, so the nasty truth is: I HATE TO WORK OUT!!!!! It’s just so annoying to me to remember caloric intake, workout regimen and taking vitamins. Blah, Blah, Blah! Sometimes when I get questions like, “Which gym do you go to?” “How often do you workout?” or “How do you fit working out into you busy schedule?” It makes me feel like I’m supposed to work out. Not, gonna happen – or so I thought.

You see, last year, Kevin began an amazing journey of working out at the top of the year and by March, he was looking so good, and everyone told him so. His commitment, dedication and resolve to remain focused was so inspiring to see. Well, as he started his new job in September, the gym became non-existent as he became acclimated to work.

Well, here we are now, and he’s back at the gym. Again, very inspiring to see it play itself out. He asked if I wanted to join him, because I did mention that I wanted to tone up, but of course, I said “No, thanks.” I love that he knows when to push and when not to. Then, wouldn’t you know it, this past weekend, during a mini Wii tennis tournament with our family, the loser had to workout on the treadmill – kids and all. (My brother’s idea)

So, as I was on the treadmill I realized that, although I’m very healthy, I needed to get my heart health in check. I did it in the time allotted, but the next morning my arms were burning. My legs are strong; I love to walk, so I had no issues there. But my arms told a completely different story.

So, I started working out and toning up with resistance bands on Monday, and I’m loving it! When I finished, I immediately texted Kevin and told him that I was working out, how good it felt and I thanked him for being just the quiet inspiration that I needed.

Watch out ya’ll. Your girl is about to be bananas!!!!!!

No comments: