Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Man's Fears - Pray About Them

Hey covenant Groupies,

In keeping with our Pastor's Bible Study on living a fearless life, I prayed for my husband and his fears thanks to Mrs. Stormie Omartian and "Power of a Praying Wife." Over the years, this book has supported me at those times when I couldn't pray and when I didn't know what to pray for Kevin. In addition to my specific prayers for him, today this book helped again.

Join me.


Lord, You've said in Your Word that "there is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love" (1John 4:18) I pray that You will perfect my husband in You love so that tormenting fears find no place in him. I know that You have not given him a spirit of fear. You've given him power, love and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7). I pray in the name of Jesus that fear will not rule over my husband. Instead may Your word penetrate every fiber of his being, convincing him that Your love for him is far greater than anything he faces and nothing can separate him from it.
I pray that he will acknowledge You as a Father whose love is unfailing, whose strength is without equal, and in whose presence there is nothing to fear. Deliver him this day from the fear that destroys and replace it with godly fear (Jeremiah 32:40). Teach him Your way, O Lord, Help him to walk in Your truth. Unite his heart to fear Your name (psalm 86:11) May he have no fear of men, but rise up and boldly say "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6) "How great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You" (Psalm 31:19)

I say to you ____________________" Be strong, do not fear! Behold you God will come with a vengeance, with the recompense of God; He will come and save you" (Isaiah 54:14) "You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, not of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday" (Psalm (91:5,6)May the Spirit of the Lord rest upon you." the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord" (Isaiah 11:12)

Through Jesus

Amen...

No comments: