Wednesday, September 9, 2009

QUESTION OF THE DAY! - Living With Your In-Law

Hey Covenant Groupies,

In the past few weeks, I have seen numerous commercials, shows and even movies that touched on having your spouses parent live with the two of you. I must say that I had the best Mother-in-Law and Kevin comments, very often, how much he loves my mother. She's non-intrusive, prayerful and extremely encouraging of our marriage. Wisely, we never bring her into our marriage, unless and until, God nudges us to do so. Kevin's mom was quite amazing as well. She never meddled in our relationship, but she was always full of wisdom and insights, not only about relationships, but her son.

We both desired nothing more than to honor our parents.

When my mother-in-law was sick, Kevin and I discussed her possibly moving in. The Bible speaks heavily of taking care of the widow; and that she was. Immediately, Kevin began to set rules that she'd have to abide by. Unfortunately, she passed away before that became a reality, but my comfort came when Kevin took the initiative to maintain our marital vows and home stucture, no matter what and/or who could have distrupted our balance.

Would you allow your in-law to move in with you? If so, what rules would you set to maintain your marital structure?

No comments: