Monday, December 7, 2009

Holy Sex - Pray for it!

Hey Covenant Groupies,

I really have no idea why it’s been so long since my last post; maybe it’s because of this super crazy schedule we’ve been keeping. I truly want to keep the dialogue going about Holy Sex. God has Kevin and me still excited about this topic. As we continue to pray for what God wants us to discuss on this blog, He brought us to "The Power of a Praying Wife," by Stormie Omartian again. Her chapter 4 is about praying for your husbands sexuality.

Ladies, as you continue to pray for your husbands in this area, you may want to use some of what Stormie wrote as well. Read below.

"Lord, bless my husband's sexuality and make it an area of great fulfillment for him. Restore what needs to be restored, balance what needs to be balanced. Protect us from apathy, dissapointment, criticism, busyness, unforgiveness, deadness, or disinterest. I pray we make time for one another, communicate our true feelings openly, and remain sensitive to what each other needs. Keep us sexually pure in mind and body, and close the door to anything lustful or illicit that seeks to encroach upon us. Deliver us from the bondage of past mistakes. Remove from our midst the effect of any sexual experience—in thought or deed—that happened outside our relationship. Take away anyone or anything from our lives that would inspire temptation to infidelity. Help us to "abstain from sexual immorality" so that each of us will know "how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor" (1Thessalonians 4:3-5) I pray we will desire each other and no one else. Show me how to make myself attractive and desirable to him and to be the kind of partner he needs. I pray that neither of us will ever be tempted to think about seeking fulfillment elsewhere. I realize an important part of my ministry to my husband is sexual. Help me to never use it as a weapon or a means of manipulation by giving and withholding it for selfish reasons. I commit this area of our lives to you, Lord. May it continually be new and alive. Make it all you created it to be."

No comments: