Thursday, November 5, 2009

We're Examples - What Children Learn From Us.

Hey Covenant Groupies,

I recently had a conversation with a wife who was absolutely fed up with her husband because of his verbal and physical abuse. In her frustration, I let her share her hurts, thoughts and pains and twice she was profane. What I didn't know was her young son was there the entire time. the last time she used a profane word, he responded with what sounded like a scream. I asked her to remove him from her presence and as she begin to do that, he responded the way he's often seen his dad respond, by yelling at his mother and following behind her with an angry look on his face. She commented that he was doing exactly what her husband does. This child is almost two years old and he's so affected by their unhealthy relationship.

I immediately began to think wht he'll eventually think about relationships.

The embedded video was one that I'd seen severaal times, but never found a reason to include it.

This is the time. It's cute but let's remember that we're examples and children do not do what we say, but what we do.

No comments: